your after-tax return.
We can review your investment
ideas with you and your investment advisor and make recommendations to maximize
your after-tax return. Don't ignore the impact of taxes on your investments.
While taxes should not drive your investment strategy, understanding how taxes
affect your earnings will help you minimize taxes and maximize your return. Consider
- Long-term capital gains and dividends carry a favored tax status. Consider
putting more dollars in investments that give you dividend income and long-term
- You can deduct a limited amount of capital losses in excess of
capital gains. Consider balancing your winners and losers to maximize this deduction
- Investments which produce high taxable annual income can be given to
family members who are in lower tax brackets, thereby saving taxes for the overall
- Depending on your tax bracket, you may benefit from investing in
- Another area where taxes make a difference is in deciding which
investments to keep in your tax-deferred accounts, such as a regular IRA or 401(k)
plan, and which to keep in taxable accounts.
Check out these links. We do not endorse any products, services,
or businesses you may find by following these links. Do not enter into any transaction
until you and your advisors are satisfied that you are getting what you are paying
for. Each link will open a new browser window.
For assistance with your investment concerns, contact us.
Dean Miyamoto, CPA Inc.
1600 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1670
Honolulu, Hawaii 96814